Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Hunting Prince Dracula

Title: Hunting Prince Dracula
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Genre: YA Fantasy
Release Date: September 19, 2017
Dates Read: 7/28/18-8/7/18
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Series: Stalking Jack the Ripper #2

For there are no limits to the stars, their numbers infinite. Which is precisely why I measure my love for you by the stars. An amount too boundless to count. 

This begins soon after the events of Stalking Jack the Ripper. After the horror of the Jack the Ripper case, Audrey Rose leaves London in order to escape the grief. She and Thomas travel to Romania, home of one of Europe's top forensic schools...and the home of Vlad the Impaler, better known as Vlad Dracula. Audrey Rose's joy is short-lived, however, as she yet again finds herself investigating all too familiar murders.

In my opinion, this was even better than the first. I couldn't guess who did this, and the ending had me floored. I love Thomas and Audrey Rose so much. The banter between them is hilarious and witty, and the chemistry is through the roof.

"Do you want to know what I think? The Truth?"
"Yes." He gazed unabashedly into my eyes. "Make it scandalous too. This is a bit too serious for my tastes."
 


I would say that this one is a lot creepier than the last, and the faint at heart and the squeamish might have to skip over places, but all in all, I loved this book. Now comes the wait for Escaping from Houdini.

Everyone makes mistakes, Wadsworth. There's no shame in that. It's how you go about mending them that truly counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capturing the Devil

Title: Capturing the Devil Author: Kerri Maniscalco Genre: YA Mystery Release Date: September 10, 2019 Date Read: April 29, 2020 Rati...