Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Capturing the Devil


Title: Capturing the Devil
Author: Kerri Maniscalco
Genre: YA Mystery
Release Date: September 10, 2019
Date Read: April 29, 2020
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Series: Stalking Jack the Ripper (#4)


Beyond life, beyond death, my love for thee is eternal.

Have you ever read a book or a series and fell so utterly in love with it that at the end of it, it feels as if there is a piece of you that is missing? That is how I feel now that I have finished this series. I had been eyeing Stalking Jack the Ripper ever since its release, but it wasn't until a signing where I got to meet Kerri that I finally took a chance on it. I'm glad I took a chance on it, as it soon became one of my favorite series. I put off reading Capturing the Devil for quite a while because I didn't want this series to be over. After a semester-long break from reading, I decided that it was time to finally read it. 

Love is immortal. Death can neither touch nor steal it. 

Capturing the Devil begins soon, if not immediately, after the events of Escaping from Houdini. We once again find Audrey Rose Wadsworth, along with her intelligent uncle and the insufferably charming Thomas Cresswell, is tasked with investigating yet another murder. This one, however, takes place in America. This murder soon takes them halfway across the country to Chicago, the site of this year's World's Fair. Soon, what is supposed to be a joyous event turns dark with the reports of murders in the beloved White City. Audrey Rose and Thomas come with the intention of helping solve the murders, but it soon appears that they may be in over their heads.

Overall, this series has truly become one of my favorites and will always hold a dear place in my heart. This is a well-loved historical murder mystery series, which, I believe, the YA genre needs more of. I am deeply saddened to have to say a final goodbye to these characters, but I loved how this series ended.

Beyond life, beyond death, my love for thee is eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capturing the Devil

Title: Capturing the Devil Author: Kerri Maniscalco Genre: YA Mystery Release Date: September 10, 2019 Date Read: April 29, 2020 Rati...