Thursday, July 26, 2018

One Of Us Is Lying

Title: One Of Us Is Lying
Author: Karen McManus
Genre: YA Mystery 
Release Date: May 30, 2017
Dates Read: March 18, 2018
Rating:⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I had heard a lot of buzz surrounding this book. A YA mystery? Sign me up! However, every time I went to the bookstore, I never picked it up. I soon forgot about it. Then one day I decided to finally get it, and I am so glad I did. I havent seen very many YA mysteries which is one of my favorite genres. This quickly became one of my favorite books.

We begin the story in detention. In the classroom there are five students. Bronwyn, the brains, has Ivy League aspirations. Addy, the beauty, is the reigning homecoming queen. Nate, the criminal, has a checkered past with the law. Cooper, the athlete, is the all-star southerner. Simon, the outcast, is the creator of  About That, Bayview High’s notorious gossip app.

You would think it’s just a typical day in detention, but that soon changes. Simon suddenly has an allergic reaction. The police then begin claiming that is was murder, not just a reaction. The remaining four become the prime suspects after one piece of evidence comes to light. Simon was planning to release a bombshell article about the remaining four.

Who did it? Was it Bronwyn, Addy, Nate, or Cooper? None of them can afford something this catastrophic in their record. Or could be a fifth person? One who we haven’t even met yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capturing the Devil

Title: Capturing the Devil Author: Kerri Maniscalco Genre: YA Mystery Release Date: September 10, 2019 Date Read: April 29, 2020 Rati...