Friday, July 27, 2018

Everything, Everything

Title: Everything, Everything
Author: Nicola Yoon
Genre: YA Contemporary
Release Date: September 1, 2015
Date Read: March 31, 2018
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

This was my first Nicola Yoon novel. I tend to be nervous about starting novels with a lot of hype around them because I’m afraid I won’t like it as much as I thought I would. So was the case with this one. A friend of mine actually spoiled the ending for me, but I told her she could because she needed to fangirl and I didn’t think I would ever read it. Then I decided to check it out from the library. I found that I was pleasantly surprised.

We first meet Madeline Whittier. Madeline has Severed Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID). This means that she can’t have any reaction with the outside world or she’ll die. The only people who are allowed to interact with Madeline are her mother and her nurse, Carla. Then one day a moving truck arrives at the house next door. Madeline sees a boy dressed in all black, who is staring back at her. She knew one thing at that moment. She was going to fall in love with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capturing the Devil

Title: Capturing the Devil Author: Kerri Maniscalco Genre: YA Mystery Release Date: September 10, 2019 Date Read: April 29, 2020 Rati...