Monday, August 20, 2018

Batman: Nightwalker

Title: Batman Nightwalker
Author: Marie Lu
Genre: YA fantasy
Series: DC Icons #2
Release Date: January 2, 2018
Dates Read: March 2018
Rating:⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I honestly enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I’m not a huge Batman fan. I’ve seen the first movie, and that’s it. I thought I would be very confused. Surprisingly, I wasn’t. This book takes place after the murder of Bruce’s parents, but before he becomes Batman. 

We find Bruce just weeks away from his high school graduation. He’s slated to attend a charity event in his name, against his better judgment. He tries to escape the escape the paparazzi by ditching his own event but to no avail. He ends up covered by even more paparazzi. His little”stunt” lands him community service on the Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane. There he meets Madeline Wallace, a girl who supposedly has ties to the Nightwalkers. The Nightwalkers have been terrorizing the rich and famous of Gotham City lately. She’s a quiet girl who becomes mute when the police come. Then something happens and all of that changes.

This was a great read. I love the new DC ICONS series, and I love how it portrays the heroes before they became famous. If you're looking for the classic villains from the Dark Knight trilogy, you won’t find them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capturing the Devil

Title: Capturing the Devil Author: Kerri Maniscalco Genre: YA Mystery Release Date: September 10, 2019 Date Read: April 29, 2020 Rati...