Monday, August 27, 2018

Scythe

Title: Scythe
Author: Neal Shusterman
Genre: YA Science Fiction
Release Date: November 22, 2016
Dates Read: 4/1/2018-4/3/2018
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Series: Arc of A Scythe (book 1)

Hope in the shadow of fear is the world's most powerful motivator.

I was hesitant to pick up Scythe at first. I had heard many great reviews, and I was afraid it wouldn't live up to my expectations. And, seeing that it was my first Neal Shusterman novel, I was afraid that it would ruin him for me. Thankfully, I was wrong. It was the opposite of what I thought. This novel blew me away.

Citra and Roman are two normal Mid-Merican teens. Citra comes from a small family, while Rowan comes from a large family. They live in a society where there is no pain, hunger, poverty, or even death...well, natural death. Enter, the Scythedom. The Scythes are in charge of keeping the population balanced. Citra and Rowan are both chosen as apprentices to Scythe Faraday, a fair scythe who has a compassionate way of life. It's not supposed to easy, but it's not supposed to be life-threatening either. Then the rules change and it suddenly becomes a game of life or death.

I can't wait to pick up Thunderhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capturing the Devil

Title: Capturing the Devil Author: Kerri Maniscalco Genre: YA Mystery Release Date: September 10, 2019 Date Read: April 29, 2020 Rati...