Monday, September 17, 2018

Six of Crows

Title: Six of Crows
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Genre: YA Fantasy 
Release Date: September 29, 2015
Dates Read: 9/21/2017-10/5/2017
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Series: Six of Crows (book 1)

No mourners. No funerals. 

If I could, I would give this book 1,000 stars. Queen Leigh deserves all the stars.

I was nervous about reading this since I didn't finish her Grisha trilogy. I'm glad I decided to read it. I didn't finish the first time I read it, but thankfully I read this masterpiece, finally. I just wish I didn't have to wait to get Crooked Kingdom.

Kaz Brekker has just been offered the deal of a lifetime. To get it, however, it would almost cost him his and the 5 other members of his team. He must break into the most impenetrable place in Fjerda, kidnap a man with the world's target on his back, and make it back alive.

~The Plot
The plot was engrossing and engaging. Though at first, it seems boring, as it does with most first-of-series novels as they must have worldbuilding, the story soon becomes "unputdownable" (I don't even know if that word exists but I don't care).

The Characters
So, I think I just found my six new best friends.

-Kaz
I practice the art of "pull his shirt over his head and punch till you see blood." 

-Inej
She was not a lynx or a spider or even the Wraith. She was Inej Ghafa, and her future was waiting above. 

-Jesper
If any of you survive, make sure I have an open casket....The world deserves a few more moments with this face. 

-Nina
Who wears white to a knife fight? 

-Wylan
I may not have had your … education, but I’m sure I know plenty of words that you don’t. 

-Matthias
We are all someone's monster. 

I loved the banter between the six of them. Some have known each other for a while, whereas a couple are "newbies"

Kaz leaned back. "What's the easiest way to steal a man's wallet?"
"Knife to the throat?" asked Inej.
"Gun to the back?" said Jesper.
"Poison in his cup?" suggested Nina.
"You're all horrible," said Matthias.
 


I also loved the banter between Kaz and Inej, and Nina and Matthias.

Overall, this was an amazing book. Please read this!! You will NOT regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Capturing the Devil

Title: Capturing the Devil Author: Kerri Maniscalco Genre: YA Mystery Release Date: September 10, 2019 Date Read: April 29, 2020 Rati...